WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
ABOUT GRANTS FROM THE IDAHO EPISCOPAL FOUNDATION
Grants from the Idaho Episcopal Foundation are made for start-up funds for new projects, for
equipment, or other one-time purchases. On-going operating expenses are not qualified for
WHAT TYPES OF PROJECTS IS THE FOUNDATION INTERESTED IN
- “Mission outreach” by parishes, the Episcopal Diocese of Idaho or other agencies.
- Projects to assist in health education or human services.
- The establishment of new Diocesan congregations or renewal of existing congregations. (Must be recommended by Diocesan Council prior to IEF review.)
Projects with ecumenical funding support are encouraged.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
- Parishes, missions and other activities of the Episcopal Church in Idaho.
- Non-profit agencies in Idaho, with documented 501(c)(3) status.
GEOGRAPHICAL AND OTHER PRIORITIES
Currently, only projects that will take place within the boundaries of the Diocese of Idaho are
being funded. Projects sponsored by the Diocese of Idaho and its congregations are given
priority over those from other non-profit agencies.
For parish requests: All requests must include letter of support from the rector, vicar, or Senior
Warden in charge of congregation.
For non-profit agencies not affiliated with the Episcopal Church: All requests must include a
letter of support from a local Episcopal parish and a letter of support from Board Chair or CEO.
All applications must be presented to and approved by the Vestry of the parish requesting or sponsoring the application.
Grants must be requested using a current IEF application form. Pay close attention to the
guidelines. Ensure that all questions are addressed and all attachments are included. Incomplete
applications will not be reviewed. Contact the Foundation if you have questions about the
application or the process.
September 1 Grants must be received by this date.
Early October Grants reviewed by IEF Grants Committee
Mid-October IEF Board of Directors makes final funding decisions
Late October Grants announced at Diocese Convention, applicants notified
January-December Funding checks distributed as invoices are received